Gurdjeff spiritual quotes and free ebook download
Saturday 02 June 2012 at 6:08 pm
G. I. Gurdjieff (1877–1949)
was an influential spiritual teacher
Gurdjieff taught that people live in a state of ‘waking sleep’, but that with 'The Work' it is possible to transcend to a Higher state of Consciousness.
The book is a compilation of lectures from meeting in Moscow, Berlin, London, Paris, New York by his pupils.
Gurdjieff inspirational quote about Being Human:
- 'Man's possibilities are very great. You cannot even conceive a shadow of what man is capable of attaining. But nothing can be attained in sleep. In the consciousness of a sleeping man his illusions, his 'dreams' are mixed with reality. He lives in a subjective world and he can never escape from it. And this is the reason why he can never make use of all the powers he possesses and why he lives in only a small part of himself.'
We are here to inspire your Spiritual Development check our articles: What is Love What is Meditation and What is a Mantra
Paramahansa Yogananda spiritual quotes and free eBook downlad
Friday 01 June 2012 at 8:43 pm
Paramahansa Yogananda (1893- 1952)
An Indian Yogi and Guru
Yogananda (ananda = bliss, through yoga initiated many into his teachings of meditation and Kriya Yoga. He was one of the first great yogis to live and teach in the West.
Paramahansa Yogananda teachings about spirituality
Yogananda teachings about spirituality could be viewed as his contribution within:
the science of Kriya Yoga Meditation
- the underlying unity of all religions
Integral Yoga: Best Spiritual Quotes and Free eBook Download
Friday 01 June 2012 at 08:13 am
Sri Aurobindo (1872-1950)
An illumined teacher and a yoga master.
Aurobindo says, 'I have three madnesses:
- I firmly believe that the accomplishments, genius, higher education and learning and wealth that God has given me are His. I have a right to spend for my own purposes only what is needed for the maintenance of the family and if otherwise absolutely essential.
- By whatever means I must get the direct realisation of the Lord. The religion of today consists in repeating the name of God every now and then, in praying to Him in the presence of everybody and in showing people how religious one is; I do not want it. If the Divine is there, then there must be a way of experiencing His existence, of realising His presence; however hard the path, I have taken a firm resolution to follow it...
- Whereas others regard the country as an inert object, and know it as the plains, the fields, the forests, the mountains and rivers, I look upon my country as the mother, I worship her and adore her as the mother... I know I have the strength to uplift this fallen race; it is not physical strength, I am not going to fight with the sword or with the gun, but with the power of knowledge... God sent me to the earth to accomplish this great mission'
The book consists of letters, and poetry on the practice of yoga, poetry and beauty.
We are here to inspire your Spiritual Development check our inspiring article on What is a Mantra