The Mother Mira Alfassa
Supermind and the transformation of consciousness - Prayers and Poems
Both, Sri Aurobindo and the The Mother believe that evolution is a process of the manifestation of higher levels ofconsciousness upon earth. The highest consciousness is called: Supermind and they worked to bring it down for a transformation of the earth.
The Mother founded the 'City of Dawn' ashram and spiritual community in Viluppuram, India in 1968. People from all over the world come to Auroville to live together, seeking spirituality and bringing it into the world.
Om Namo Bhagavate Mantra video Singing at Auroville
The Mother Wisdom Quotes
- Only the Divine is the support that never fails.
- The most important surrender is the surrender of your character, your way of being, so that it may change. If you do not surrender your very own nature, never will this nature change.
- The will is something altogether different. It is the capacity to concentrate on everything one does, do it as best one can and not stop doing it unless one receives a very precise intimation that it is finished.
About Divine Everywhere
- One need not leave the earth to find the Truth, one need not leave the life to find his soul, one need not abandon the world or have only limited beliefs to enter into relation with the Divine. The Divine is everywhere, in everything and if He is hidden, it is because we do not take the trouble to discover Him.
About Silence and Music
- I have seen musicians listening to music, musicians, composers or players who truly love music, I have seen them listening to music . . . they sit completely still, you know, they are like that, they do not move at all. Everything, everything is like that. And if one can stop thinking, then it is very good, then one profits fully... It is one of the methods of inner opening and one of the most powerful.
About Divine Inspiration
- But imagine this same vital power of expression, with the inspiration coming from far above the highest inspiration possible, when all the heavens open before us – then that becomes wonderful.
About Aurobindo and the Mother
- When in your heart and thought you make no difference between Sri Aurobindo and me, when to think of Sri Aurobindo will be to think of me and to think of me will mean to think of Sri Aurobindo inevitably, when to see one will mean inevitably to see the other, like one and the same Person -- then you will know that you begin to be open to the supramental force and consciousness.